How to make the most of Somerset Art Weeks
Each year SAW produces education resources to highlight the fantastic opportunities available to schools and colleges during Somerset Art Weeks. There are many ways to get involved, to inspire creativity and stimulate learning outside the classroom.
The pack includes: advice on visiting venues, organising tours, engaging with artists, workshop offers, setting homework activities and a range of activity resources.
For 2018 we offer a pilot opportunity to gain a Discover Arts Award.
Visiting open studios, exhibitions and events during Somerset Art Weeks provides schools with the opportunity to:
- Generate enthusiasm and interest in the arts
- Experience high quality arts activities and opportunities for practical workshops
- Demonstrate the range of artists’ talent in the county
- Provide insight into artists’ work with opportunities to ask the artists questions firsthand
- Raise expectations in the arts and encourage young people to see the arts as a career or leisure choice
- Provide opportunities for establishing sustainable partnerships with local artists
The Somerset Art Weeks Education Resources form part of SAW’s InspirED offer to Somerset schools.