Somerset Art Works commit to support the development of the artist community in Somerset.
Individual Artist Membership
This is suitable for individual artists and makers of any age living or working in Somerset. With Individual Artist Membership, you will be part of the largest artists’ network in Somerset and receive exclusive member benefits.
- Participate in the bi-annual Members’ only event: Somerset Open Studios
- Participate in the bi-annual Somerset Art Weeks Festival
- Have your own artist profile page on SAW website
- Take part in SAW’s Artist Development Programme, including bursaries, events, residencies, workshops, mentoring, peer support and symposium
- Receive a monthly Members’ e-bulletin with latest news and opportunities
- Representation of your interests at local and national level through involvement in consultation groups and arts development organisations
- Join local networks and meet other artists through regional meetings and events organised by SAW
- Attend SAW’s Annual General Meeting and be part of the organisation
- Access advice, information and resources to help support development
* Emerging artist – this is defined as an artist or maker of any age who is in full-time education or has left full-time/part-time education up to Bachelor Degree level in the last 3 years. Maximum term 1 year which then defaults to full-rate individual membership. SAW will ask for supporting evidence (certificate, letter of acceptance onto a course etc) when your membership application is received online. Please contact SAW if you are unsure about your eligibility.
*Artist in receipt of Government disability benefits – please send evidence with your application
Memberships will not be activated until payment has been processed. From Autumn 2018, the payment process is now automated and made online at the final stage of the application. For anyone unable to make an online payment, membership payment can be made via cheque but this will take up to 3 weeks to process.
Cheque Payment details
Payable to: Somerset Art Works
Post to: Somerset Art Works, The Town Hall, Bow Street, Langport, TA10 9PR
Should you wish to pay with other methods, please email [email protected] or call 01458 253800 during office hour (Tue & Thur 9.30 – 4pm)
Membership Profile Page
Once your membership has been approved, an email will be sent to you with instructions about creating your profile page in the Membership Directory on the SAW website.
Art Weeks Registration
Art Weeks takes place every Autumn and venue registration is normally live from mid-December through to the following March. Please read this year’s guidelines here
A venue registration link will be sent to current members via email. Should you want to register, please contact Art Weeks Coordinator Paul Newman. [email protected]