What data is collected about you
When you sign up as a member of SAW, you register these details:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Primary contact number
- Address (this can be your organisation’s address)
- Information about you and your work that you wish to share publicly
Where your data is kept:
Your sign-up information is stored on a database secured with two-factor authentication. Only the SAW office team have access to this database.
What SAW does with your data
SAW uses your data to:
- Send out monthly member e-bulletins and occasional newsflash emails
- Analyse SAW membership, so that anonymised statistics can be used for funding bids and reports for SAW trustees and funders
- Contact you if there is important information SAW needs to tell you about your account.
Who your data will be shared with
Your details will never be shared with any third parties, and only SAW team have access to your data.
How long SAW keeps your data
SAW will keep the membership data you register with us as long as you are a member or until:
- You request for your data records to be completely removed from SAW’s database
- The organisation closes down
What to do if you no longer want to receive emails from SAW
If you no longer want to receive e-bulletins and newsflash emails, you can click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of these emails. When you do this, SAW will still hold a record of your data on the Membership database, but you will no longer receive newsletter and newsflash mailings. SAW may still contact you if there is important information SAW needs to tell you about your account or membership.
What to do if you want SAW to remove your data completely
If you want your data to be completely removed from the SAW membership database, please email email@example.com or call 01458 253800. SAW will then make sure that all your records in the membership system are deleted within 30 days. When this happens SAW will need to retain a ‘skeleton record’ which just states your name and “data removed by request” so that SAW can demonstrate this operation has been completed.
If you have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01458 253800