Application Deadline: First come first served.
Amount: up to £500.
Number of places: 4 each year.
In order to strengthen the connection between individual artists working in contemporary art in Somerset, we would like to offer artists or artist-led groups up to £500 each to develop an artist co-learning event, such as crit groups, workshops and residencies, including inviting professionals/speakers and artists with shared interests.
We encourage artists to use this opportunity to develop connections between artists through exchanging skills and sharing knowledge, and developing new ideas by working together. The initiative/event should focus on providing a creative learning experience, developing networks, resources and/or peer support. It is suitable for artist at any level and those who would like to be supported in a group environment and to share their skills and knowledges. Priority will be offered to an initiative/event that aims to develop new connections and networks among artists in Somerset and further afield. Existing networks and groups can apply if proposed activities are different from their regular events, and welcome other artists to get involved. This is not suitable for individual artists to run their own workshop as part of their business.
To apply: Please outline (no more than 1 page) the event that you wish to develop, including the artists you would like to invite, venue and budget. We will be in touch to discuss your plan should you be selected. We support up to 4 events/year. Please get in touch as soon as possible if you have idea in your mind. Contact : Zoe Li firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply:
- Current SAW artist members (Please contact us if you wish to join)
- Age 18 and above.
Who can NOT apply:
- If you are in full-time education, except MA degree.
- Those not current SAW Members.
Artists who receive the above opportunity commit to:
- Attend 1 hr advisory session with us, so we understand their development needs and how to maximise the impact of their opportunity.
- Record their progress and document it through our Artist Development Programme Blog and commit to share their progress with us, sharing their practice and experience among the artists community and audiences.
- Take part in the evaluation process, including providing a written report and verbal feedback.
This opportunity is part of SAW’s Artist Development Programme 2018-2020, which is developed in consultation with SAW artist members. For more details, please see https://somersetartworks.org.uk/artistdevelopment
Contact: Zoe Li, Programme Associate email@example.com
Published on March 10, 2019 // Zoe Li