PAIR UP is our new peer support initiative for artists in Somerset.
This new initiative aims to support up to 6 member artists a year with up to £250 to cover travel and materials to carry out one or more of the following:
- Pair up with an established artist and arrange to meet regularly to receive feedback and advice
- Pair up with another artist and arrange to meet regularly to provide feedback and advice to each other
- Pair up with another artist to work in collaboration and test new ideas
- Pair up with another artist to develop a new project and access to new opportunities, i.e. funding, commission and showcase opportunities
- Pair up with another artist to learn from each other, sharing resources, exchange skills and support each other’s practice
- Any other pair up ideas you have with your artist partner/collaborator/mentor
- You must be a SAW artist member (To apply for our membership, please go to https://somersetartworks.org.uk/saw-members/join-us/membership-for-artists/)
- Let us know your idea by contacting Zoe Li, our Programme Associate to arrange an informal conversation on the phone. email@example.com
Who can NOT apply:
– If you are under the age of 18
– If you are in full-time education, except M.A. degree.
– You have already received commissions and bursaries from us after January 2017.
– Those not current SAW Members (To apply for our membership, please go to https://somersetartworks.org.uk/saw-members/join-us/membership-for-artists/)
Artists who receive the above opportunity commit to:
– Attend 1 hour Artist Development Session with Zoe (except for who have attended in the past), so we understand your future plans and how to maximise the impact of the opportunity.
– Record their progress and document it through our Artist Development Programme Blog and commit to share their progress with us, sharing their practice and experience among the artists’ community and audiences.
– Take part in the evaluation process, including providing a written report and verbal feedback.
– If you are applying for mentoring with an established artist, we will ask to see a written agreement prior the confirmation of funding.
PAIR UP is part of SAW’s Artist Development Programme 2018-2020, which is developed in consultation with SAW artist members. For more details, please see https://somersetartworks.org.uk/artistdevelopment
Contact: Zoe Li, Programme Associate firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on January 31, 2019 // Zoe Li