Number of places: 4
Bursary Amount: £500
Deadline: Tuesday 31 July 2018 for expression of interest
We would like to offer 4 artists/collectives at mid-career level a bursary of £500 each to develop their project in the next 12 months (August 2018 – August 2019). Types of project can include:
– An individual artist or collective to conduct research and develop a plan to create a new body of work which will be showcased during Art Weeks Festival 2019.
– An individual artist or collective to conduct research and develop a plan to profile their work at the national level.
– Conducting activities, including to initiate and coordinate a new artist-led group (one-off event is not eligible)
– An individual artist or collective to develop their practice, through attending a residency programme organised by other organisations nationally and/or internationally.
– Any other new and exciting ideas that support the artist/collective in developing their practice at the next level. We welcome applications from artists working in cross-disciplinary practices, such as new media, installation, moving-image, sound, live performance and social-engagement.
– The bursary can also be used to develop a funding application to cover the production cost for a larger project.
– Independent curator can apply if the proposed project is developed in collaboration with the artists and the bursary is directly contributing to the artistic development of the artists involved.
To Apply: Contact Zoe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 31 July 2018 for expression of interest.
Expression of Interest (No more than 200 words) to include:
– Your name and contact number
– Your website or links to see your work
– Your proposed idea and why you think the bursary will support you to develop your practice. We would like to ensure application from individuals who are ready to take up this opportunity before applying.
Who can apply:
– Current SAW artist members (Please contact us if you wish to join)
– Age 18 and above.
Who can NOT apply:
– If you are in full-time education, except MA degree.
– You have already received commissions and bursaries from us since 2017.
– Those are not current SAW Members.
Artists who receive the above opportunity commit to:
– Attend 1 hr advisory session with us, so we understand their development needs and how to maximise the impact of their opportunity.
– Record their progress and document it through our Artist Development Programme Blog and commit to share their progress with us, sharing their practice and experience among the artists community and audiences.
– Take part in the evaluation process, including providing a written report and verbal feedback.
– Attend a one-day symposium on the 1st November at University Centre Somerset, presenting and sharing ‘what you do with the bursary’ with other artists attending the event.
Published on July 9, 2018 // Zoe Li