SAW would like to invite you to a sharing event, to hear your ideas and thoughts about how we can work to together to nurture and celebrate the Visual Arts in Somerset. SAW would also like to involve you in the development of Somerset Art Weeks Festival in 2019.
Date: Monday 25th June
Time: 10am – 12.30pm
Location: Somerset Art Works, The Town Hall, Bow Street, Langport, Somerset TA10 9PR
Direction: Located in Bow Street, opposite to turning into FREE carpark.
Contact: 01458 253800 / email@example.com
We hope this will enable us to broadly support a positive future to best suit our arts community, society and economy, to strengthen the Visual Arts infrastructure in the county and to develop a coherent and sustainable ecology for organisations, artists and audiences.
The day will start with an introduction from our Creative Director Carol Carey and SAW Trustee Tim Martin (Curator of Hestercombe Gallery.)
We will then invite you to join one of our breakout groups to discuss the benefits and challenges of below for organisations, programmers and audiences:
– Commissioning and residency
– Programming and curatorial practice
– Artist-led, networks and intervention
– Commercial and marketplace provision
– Current SAW organisation members
– Venues and organisations who wish to take part in Art Weeks Festival 2019
– Artist-led groups and networks with more than 3 artists.
– Independent producers, curators and visual arts programmers
– Organisations that works with visual artists and/or provide programme of visual arts activities throughout the year.
– Organisations from other counties who wish to develop partnership work with Somerset are welcome.
Booking Essential (20 places only, first come first serve)
To book, please fill in the information via the booking link below before Wednesday 20 June.
Enquiry, please contact Zoe Li, Programme Associate – firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on June 8, 2018 // Paul Newman