This year, we offer bursaries to 3 Somerset based artists in the early stage of their career to demonstrate their developing practices and engage their audiences during Somerset Open Studios Event (15-30 September 2018) in his/her chosen location/venue.
The selected artists will receive the followings:
- Free entry to the Somerset Open Studios 2018 (we will refund your registration fee, if you have already registered for the event and since decided to take part in the Creative Pathways programme.)
- Free 1 year SAW Emerging Artist Membership (For existing members, free membership for 2018 – 2019)
- Mentoring, advice and support on artistic development and marketing
- £250 to cover expenses, i.e. materials and transport
- Artist of any age who has either left college, graduated from BA in Fine Art (including those graduated by September 2018) or equivalent, and/or set up their first professional studio or workshop in the last 3 years.
- Artist works on contemporary visual arts practice, including craft, installation, sculpture, sound, performance, new media, digital, multidisciplinary, moving image and participatory.
Submit your application
Application Deadline: Monday 19 March (5pm)
- Your professional CV, including your contact details and 2 references’ names and contact details.
- A covering letter (no more than 1 page) outlining your relevant skills, expertise and experience; what you hope to achieve by receiving the bursary and how this may support you to develop your artistic practice in the future; outline of your practice, your chosen venue and how would you engage the audiences/visitors during the event.
- Web links or 5 images of your recent work in one single document in word doc or pdf format no more than 5MB in file size.
Please send your application to Zoe Li, Programme Associate email@example.com
Download the full brief: Creative Pathways 2018 – Brief
Published on March 5, 2018 // Zoe Li