Working with young people in Pupil Referral Units in Taunton
Young ProspectUs is a SAW engagement project for young people in Pupil Referral Units (PRUs) in Taunton. The aim is for students to experience the value of arts and education, with a focus on transition and developing informal access to training and skills.
Six days of taster workshops are being led by carefully selected artists and makers from across the country, leading into a more focused residency period at the new Bridgwater and Taunton College studio facilities. A body of work will be created to showcase at Taunton Flower Show and other venues in the area.
Link to the new Young ProspectUs project blog which will develop to tell the story of the project:
Sign up to follow by email for latest updates from project blogger Natalie Parsley.
Our aims are that young people will have the opportunity to:
• build their skills and confidence enhancing their employability
• have their say on matters that affect their lives
• develop making skills and explore how to use them
• be signposted from the programme on to other local opportunities.
• potential legacy to their contact with the College