How to make the most of Somerset Art Weeks
Each year SAW produces education resources to encourage schools to view Somerset Art Weeks as a provider of fantastic opportunities right on their doorstep. There are many ways for schools to get involved and discover opportunities for inspiring creativity and learning outside the classroom. The pack includes: advice on visiting venues, organising tours, engaging with artists, workshops, setting homework activities and a range of activity resources.
Visiting exhibitions and events during Somerset Art Weeks provides schools with the opportunity to:
- Generate enthusiasm and interest in the arts
- Experience high quality arts activities and opportunities for practical workshops
- Demonstrate the range of artists’ talent in the county
- Provide insight into artists’ work with opportunities to ask the artists questions firsthand
- Raise expectations in the arts and encourage young people to see the arts as a career or leisure choice
- Provide opportunities for establishing sustainable partnerships with local artists
To help schools obtain maximum benefit from the event the Somerset Art Weeks Education Resources form part of the InspirED offer to Somerset schools.
Click here for the Somerset Art Weeks Online Education Resources 2016 or see the file in right hand sidebar.